No so much!
But I do now have almost everything I need to be fully settled in and and officially a resident expat in Qatar. Saying that however, as soon as I’m “settled” I’m out of here! Dubai for the weekend! Cant wait.
Im going to sum it up real quick:
- Work – Awesome (still, after 6 weeks).
- Car – Paid for, comfortable, convenient.
- Place – Nice and taking a little getting used to.
- Accommodation – Great view, paid for, comfortable, convenient.
- People – So far, very good. Great in fact.
- Beer – EXPENSIVE! But yummy after a long day!
- Situation – Getting used to it. Its quieter than Im used to but its all quite nice still.
- Future – Bright. Just need to start getting out a bit more. Time for TimeOut.
There’s a couple of sweet (not candy) bars around the work and home locations. Nothing is really far from home. All the bars are located in swanky hotels which is a bit odd but easy to get used to especially when the hotel comes with free valet parking! NICE! Drinks are expensive as I mentioned but get over that bump in your head and you will be doing ok! And just for the record, copious amounts of booze and pork products are available although just controlled. Fair enough!
In closing I thought I would add a few pics of my humble abode. Loving it!