RSS

Amy Belle – What a star!

08 Mar

What an incredible story this is.

Amy Belle, was discovered busking on the streets of Glasgow by a friend of Rod Stewart and really soon afterwards was performing with Rod on stage at a “One Night Only” show at London’s Royal Albert Hall. Simply incredible. For those not familiar with U.K. terminology, Busking is the practice of doing live performances in public places to entertain people

I absolutely love this video and have watched it countless times. It gives me goosebumps. Watch this and just try to imagine how her nerves must have felt. God I love this. Amazing sax too! Awesome!

You can check her out on MySpace.

The following interneiw was taken from The Daily Record:

Singer Amy Belle Is Back Busking To Pay The Bills – But Rod Stewart’s Team Are Ready To Launch Her Into The Big Time

(Click for More)

SCOTS busker Amy Belle thought her life would change forever when Rod Stewart whisked her away to perform with him at the Albert Hall after spotting her singing on a Glasgow street.

But three years later Amy, now 26, is still singing for her supper in the city’s busy shopping precincts, despite being tipped as the next big thing after her appearance with Rod.

Things are not quite as bad as they appear for the budding star however, it is just that the the wheels of show business are moving slowly.

Amy said: “I am back busking and doing gigs in pubs because I need to pay the bills.

“Since Rod took me down to London a lot has happened and I am really hopeful for the future, it is just that everything takes a lot of time, which can be really frustrating.”

After singing I Don’t Want To Talk About It with the veteran on his show One Night With Rod Stewart at the Albert Hall in October 2004, Amy was expected to shoot to stardom but while the singer/songwriter appeared to sink without trace, Rod’s team were working tirelessly behind the scenes to forge a career for the young Scot.

The wrinkly rocker’s manager introduced Amy to one of the best A&R men in the business, Stephen Ferrera, who works with Kelly Clarkson.

And before long she found herself in Los Angeles working with some of the the music industry’s top singer and songwriters, including John Shanks who wrote the Kelly Clarkson hit Breakaway, Anastasia’s song Piece of Me and So-Called Chaos by Alanis Morissette.

He was also involved in the movie soundtracks for Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Herbie Fully Loaded and Princess Diaries 2.

Amy also worked with a team of songwriters who have worked with Hilary Duff, Britney Spears and Ricky Martin.

Amy said: “It was a bit strange to come back from London and go back to normal life.

“I still look back on that night in the Albert Hall as one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

“But then it was just a case of back to Glasgow, organise some gigs and go out busking.

“My dream has always been to make it big in music, it would have to be or I wouldn’t keep putting myself through it all. I did hope that after I was spotted by Rod things would start happening. It was a bit slow to start with but in time it did.

“I went out to LA three times to work with people like John, which was just amazing.

“I always thought I would be a New York kind of girl but as it turned out I loved everything about LA and I was just so excited – those trips were just incredible.

“Then after doing the rounds of all the record companies, I finally got a deal with Epic in New York last year.

“I was thrilled and we then spent about three months recording an album which was a great experience, but since then it has been just a case of waiting to see what happens.

“It was always going to happen like that because there is so many people involved but it takes a lot of patience to just wait when you know success could be just round the corner.”

It’s undoubtedly a frustrating task for Amy, who has already had a taste of the kind of life that could be waiting for her.

In the last three years, LA has become one of her favourite places and mixing with her heroes has become par for the course for the girl from Knightswood in Glasgow.

Not only has she hung out backstage with her guitar hero Slash from Guns ‘n’ Roses and Velvet Revolver and met the guys from Bon Jovi, she has also recorded a track with Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek from legendary Sixties rock band The Doors.

Amy said: “The Doors are one of my favourite bands and to record one of their own tracks with them was just out of this world.

“I remember one particular moment when I was sitting in a darkened room with Ray and Robby listening to the track of Jim Morrison’s vocals for the song we were recording, Touch Me.

“It was as if he was in the room with us, it truly was a heart-stopping moment and I’ll remember it forever.”

WHILE Amy patiently waits to find out what the record company’s plans are for her album, she tries hard not to feel envious of other talented Scots female singer-songwriters.

She said: “I don’t begrudge people like KT Tunstall and Amy Macdonald their success at all.

“KT especially is incredible but you can’t help feeling a bit frustrated when you see them all hitting the charts. I just try to keep hoping that maybe it will be me next.

“Some people have said maybe I would have been there by now if the whole thing with Rod hadn’t happened but I just have to think about all the times I have been to LA now and the people I have worked with to realise that none of it would ever have happened if I hadn’t met Rod.

“I am still hopeful my dream of making it big will come true and I am trying to do as much self-promotion as I can.

“I’m told record companies are influenced these days to see how many hits people get on the internet so I am trying to get everyone I know to go on my My Space page.

“Other than that it really is just a case of waiting to see what happens.”

No matter where Amy’s career goes now, she is grateful for all the experiences she’s had since that fateful day Rod spotted her singing and playing guitar outside a Glasgow subway station.

And the night she sang in front of millions of people at the Albert Hall will live with her forever.

She said: “I do try now not to mention the whole Rod thing and to play it down if other people mention it but I do still look back on that night, usually in wonder that it ever happened at all.

“I remember chatting to Chrissie Hynde backstage and being utterly terrified of going out to sing, especially when Rod’s manager came up and asked me to try and give Rod a cuddle at some point.

“I mean it wasn’t like I didn’t have enough to think about.

“I also remember going for a quiet drink afterwards with my boyfriend at the time and my mum in the Park Lane Hotel and wondering if it had ever happened at all.

“Then the next day it was just back to Glasgow and back to the pub gigs and busking that I had been doing before. By that point it did almost feel like it never happened.

“I sent Rod a congratulations note when he won his Grammy and he sent me a nice thank you note back, but otherwise I haven’t spoken to him again.

“He’s a busy man though and his people are always in touch with me to keep me posted on what’s going on.

“I am hoping to hear from them again soon.”

To find out more about Amy click on myspace.com amy belle music

About these ads

75 Comments

Posted by on March 8, 2008 in Hmmm, Life, N.W.R., Wishlist

75 responses to “Amy Belle – What a star!

1. ken finsand

March 25, 2008 at 5:55 am

I would buy her albums forever!

• andrew jolly

February 13, 2013 at 12:13 pm

someone should have signed her up for god sake she walks all over them on singin comps .she started at the bottom just like the old pop stars off yesterday fck sake someone give her a brake come on rod help her out

2. sarah minutello

March 25, 2008 at 12:57 pm

really want her cd when it comes out will be definately be buying all future ones

3. HooX

March 25, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Ken / Sarah – Im glad you liked. She’s a real beaut! Check her out on YouTube. She has other singles that she has released…

4. Santana

March 31, 2008 at 12:59 pm

I don’t think that there might be someone who loves Rod Stewart as I do. Whenever there’s a concert and I have enough time to attend I never miss the chance. But my purse is a little thin and sometimes I find some ticket prices unaffordable. Lately, a friend of mine has recommended me a site where to compare ticket prices before purchasing. I think it’s a good idea because this way I can look for the cheapest tickets.
    Tickets
    What a talented artist. He really has the materials of a great artist. His popularity doesn’t come like this.

5. HooX

April 2, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Santana – Thanks for thr heads up on Rod tickets. I would live to catch a show if time or global positioning allows it

6. salabhyasi

April 12, 2008 at 11:23 am

check out website of cdbaby to download mp3 tracks of amy belle’s songs

7. HooX

April 12, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Sal – Thank you very much. YouTube also has a few. Very kewl.! Thanks

8. Tom

April 13, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Check Amys songs on cdbaby:
    She really is a great talent, a wonderful songwriter and on a good road…

9. HooX

April 16, 2008 at 9:16 am

Cheers Tom

10. Tom

April 16, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Cheers HooX….. ;-)

11. hermes Adame

September 4, 2008 at 1:20 am

hello Amy Belle. Hola AMY soy tu fan numero uno de mexico, diario te tengo que escuchar y oir cantar para que mi dia sea completamente feliz, algun dia del año proximo te visitare . ojala y me aceptes una invitacion a tomar un cafe.
    saludos y besos

12. HooX

September 5, 2008 at 10:23 am

HA – Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I also want to take her for coffee!

13. 2nd best!

September 30, 2008 at 2:59 am

Amy is incredible. She is today’s Joan Baez. Rod and her have another big hit inside of them. Can’t wait to see and hear it. You go girl!

• gerry crawford

April 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm

go rod get a grip give amy a go she can go far you know it and so do i im just a glasgow man with ms so i think you will give the lass a go go on gerry from glasgow

• Guten Tag

August 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Really?!!? Apparently, you are clueless….No wonder why you are 2nd best!

14. HooX

September 30, 2008 at 6:20 pm

2B – I will see what I can do to get them back in the Royal Albert Hall to bust out another tune! Actually, Rod is coming to South Africa soon (December). Maybe we can get him to drag her along too! One can only hope!

15. Marissa

October 4, 2008 at 7:00 pm

I really LOVE AMY BELLE! She’s one of a kind!.. Saludos y Tarantados! mabuhay! de boplaks kyow! Saram Habedabo Tajane Dabo:)) Etiendez??

16. HooX

October 8, 2008 at 10:35 am

Marissa – I would love to agree with you but I don’t have the faintest clue what you just said! Kudos to Amy!

17. gary

October 31, 2008 at 10:24 am

cant stop viewing rod and amy! gives me goosebumps every time, hope she makes the big time!

18. HooX

October 31, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Gary – Simply wow isn’t it? I have just got a new TV and sound system and I swear that’s the first thing that played on it since I also have the DVD. Incredible.

19. MISTY

December 4, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Hi! Just watched the concert of rod stewart at home in dvd and amy belle was amazing. Very good rendition of the songand really cool!

20. HooX

December 5, 2008 at 8:02 am

Misty – I must admit that subsequent to writing this post I too bought the DVD and I have watched it so many times! Simply WOW. And I also love the sax that the blonde chick plays. Great lungs! 8)

• Mr. Boat

December 28, 2012 at 10:17 am

So do I. I have countlessly watched…it is really fantantic…

21. nordin

December 18, 2008 at 11:43 am

a very good package, yeah i like her..

22. HooX

December 20, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Nordin – Absolutely. She is a GREAT package! Hmmmmm! Hehehe

23. david

January 4, 2009 at 1:10 pm

We went to hear Rod in Sydney. No Amy worse luck. The One Night Only DVD is still unforgettable. The vuet with Rod still gives me goose bumps. Rod’s violin player is fantastic too.

24. HooX

January 6, 2009 at 12:57 pm

David – What a pity man! Yeah she is a stunner isnt she? If its the same one from the Royal Albert Hall

25. Lynne

January 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Where can we find an album/cd/dvd of Amy Belle?

26. HooX

January 14, 2009 at 11:59 am

Lynne – Im not sure if any of her singles are available commercially yet but I can point you to where you can find her stuff though. MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48538980

I hope this helps!

27. SP Fong

January 25, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I have just seen Amy’s video with Rod Stewart and am really moved by her singing and control of her emotions. And I have played that again and again for many times. I am really surprised that things didn’t work out since that concert in 2004 because she is really very good.
    Perhaps she should try to get more exposure in Asia to win the Chinese, Japanese and Korean audience.

I will try to forward to as many friends as I can as she has a very sweet composure and strong vocals.

God will surely help her and I suggest she pray more in spite of the slow progress. God will do it in His time.

SP Fong

28. HooX

January 26, 2009 at 6:53 pm

SPF – Im sure she will be a superstar on her own one day. Top marks for her though to handle the Albert Hall as well as she did. Simply incredible!

29. Alexandre Aguiar

February 11, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Eu adoro esse clipe. A voz dela é linda!!!!

Abraços do Brasil

30. Deepak Joshi

February 19, 2009 at 2:43 pm

What as Voice-Amy.Too good with Rod….one of my favourite number.Best of luck Amy.God Bless
    Deepak Joshi
    New Delhi ,India

31. MANNY VELASCO, PHILIPPINES

March 2, 2009 at 12:21 pm

i luv amy, can’t help but repeatedly watch that concert at albert hall. she’s so beautiful and exudes with emotion. as if i was there at that time. take care amy, will buy your album’

32. Jackie

April 22, 2009 at 12:25 pm

One of the best live concert duets I’ve ever seen! I love Rod, love this video and Amy was amazing!!! She really deserves to make it!!!! Amy you’re fantastic – don’t stop singing!!!

33. jose cortes

April 29, 2009 at 2:02 am

I JUST WANT TO SAY SINCE I SAW HER I STRONGLY, REALLY, ABSOLUTELY FALLEN IN LOOOOVE WITH HER, I HAD EVER OR BETTER TO SAY NEEVVVEEER SEEN SUCH A WOUNDEFULL LOVELY AND CHARMING GIRL

34. kim

October 2, 2009 at 1:26 am

rod is one of the best artist of all times. his music touches me like no other and will always be in my heart. When i heard him along with amy belle it was the best. I hope her all the best for the future. Rod should do everything possible for her. She made him look even better,did’nt think possible but true.

35. blackgreen

October 11, 2009 at 9:25 am

lUv u AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Leakey

October 31, 2009 at 11:37 am

Just a wee note fer any Canadian fans….. you want this artist to perform in Canuckville and be fortunate enough to see and/or hear her. F’n rocks.

37. Mary Hart Maiorano

November 11, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Have been a Rod Stewart fan for at least 30 years:-)…..was surfing U-Tube and came across the video of Rod and Amy. Cannot believe how incredibly fantastic their voices blend together; as well as the on-stage chemistry that comes across. As a first-generation Scots’…..I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AMY “make it big”…. her voice fills a void that has been missing from the “current day” … so-called music being played on American radio. LOVE YOU ROD!!!!!!!!!! AMY…you have a new fan….Good luck….and God Bless. GO CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Morten Flagstad

November 23, 2009 at 4:31 pm

You have given us a sensational experience with this performance Amy !!
    Goosebumps all over :-)
    Pls. do not EVER give up hitting the BIG league because you will AND you know it to ;-)) It’s just a matter of time :-)
    With a voice like yours and your ‘shy’ personality you appeal to us all.
    In fact you could have done the whole “I don’t wanna talk about it” alone with Rod standing there, doing nothing, and delivered the “goods” magnificently !
    You stand very firm on your own two feet and THAT is the main quality of any success!

In deep admiration of your beautiful talent and your persistence I thank you for this extraordinary Music video.

From all your fans in Norway : Good luck Amy and please, please HANG IN THERE :-)))

39. laura

January 5, 2010 at 3:42 am

watched ur performance,absolutly brilliant,whens ur album out!!!!

40. Ghazal

January 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

hey, everybody knows life’s complicated, but when you’ve got such a great voice, you will be able to make sth out of it. Good luck Ammy. I’m looking forward to seeing you back on the stage.

41. MrLee

February 11, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Such a beautiful version of this song! I must confess I had never hear’d of Amy before stumbling accoss it on YouTube a couple of days ago. It’s hard to believe she has not performed to such a large scale before. I just figured she must already be a huge star!

I loved her style of singing and personality from the first time I saw this video. I really hope we’ll see more of her soon.

And what’s up with the Myspace page?? Come on Amy! Get it back online! :)

42. Luiz Oscar

February 12, 2010 at 11:26 pm

linda canção….vozes maravilhosas
    BRASIl sempre presente!!!

43. Taylor

September 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Any ideea when she was born?

44. Steve Perkins

November 9, 2011 at 2:29 am

I too have become a huge fan of Amy Belle. I really do wish her an endless world of opportunities. I have added her song from Rod Stewart and Amy Belle on my Facebook. Spread the word for Amy because she deserves a future in Music. She’s a beautiful woman with a smile that takes your breath away.

45. paul f

December 16, 2011 at 11:21 am

Kia ora from new zealand!! (thats maori for hello)
    hey ive just watched that albert hall DVD again (must be the 100th time!!) yeah that duo with Rod and Amy is fantastic!!! always gives me goosebumps!!! and rod is still great. first saw him in athletic park wellington,new zealand live in 1979! hes still got it….Paul. F.

46. Terje

January 30, 2012 at 1:53 am

Just LOVE your style and your records… One day I hope to meet you and tell you in person…… ..

47. ROBERT

March 23, 2012 at 4:24 am

Amy Belle, you are really beatiful, I am fan of you, when you sang I dont want to talk about it whit Rod, you are really the star, i like me too much. from Peru, Robert Pulido, please write me robertpul@hotmail.com

a lot of kisses.

48. Paul W Dixon

March 27, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Can’t wait for Amy to give a show in Brazil! She’s just great, the next big star! A friend posted “I Don’t Want to Talk About It” on a social networking site – I had heard the song with other singers before but Amy’s voice is just incredible, she stole the show even though she had Sir Rod Stewart with her. Can’t wait for her CD to come to the shops here! Saudações do Brasil!

49. Roos Schattenkerk

March 30, 2012 at 10:37 am

beautiful song

50. jerry orr

April 21, 2012 at 9:58 am

Great music Amy! You deserve to be a star.
    Jerry

51. sonardolphin

April 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Amy Belle and Audrey Nugent (Dolls) are coming to NYC Emelin Theatre on June 2, 2012. find them on facebook …. dollsmusic

52. JJ

June 13, 2012 at 3:27 am

I love Ami Belle. What smile. Wow.

53. Kimmo

July 10, 2012 at 12:30 am

Any possible beautiful comment will do, and none will be glamourous enough.
    It is So easy to fall in love with such a glorious singer as Amy.

54. julie fox

September 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Amy your voice is fantastic, I have been a Rod Stewart fan for years would buy your cd now if it was available. I am an ExBrit living in Virginia and would love to see you live

• sonardolphin

September 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Amy has released MP3 songs via CDbaby and they are available on itunes as well. There is also a CD album called “Lost in the Shortcut” available via Amazon. Enjoy!

55. marvin

September 15, 2012 at 10:10 pm

awesome. so bautiful and gifted. you are a 5 star out of 4. keep it up it will happen.

56. Rick Hughes

December 1, 2012 at 9:20 am

Amy is Mesmerizing,the look,the voice.Saddened shedidnt make it big…Rick H

57. Mandy

January 6, 2013 at 4:16 am

Stumbled across her and rod in the youtube here in India yesterday. Just blew me away. I listened to it a dozen times yesterday night. She comes across as a sweet and nice human being.

58. armand

April 7, 2013 at 2:40 am

Amy Belle, , , you have lovely voice. God Bless you

59. Lesley

May 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Love Amy’s music, love to see her in Australia, she would pack the house. Come on Amy head to the Perth down under, not the Scottish one!

60. Giuseppe "Balda"

May 25, 2013 at 9:41 am

Great singer… Never heard before, only by chance few minutes ago: her duet with Rod Stewart is unbelievable. Please son again, do more records!

61. sonardolphin

May 25, 2013 at 10:25 am

There are Amy Belle albums available on itunes and Amazon. She has recently released an album called “Seeing Stars” with Audrey Nugent as “Nugent & Belle”. enjoy!!

62. Corneliu

June 28, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I’m already in love with her voice

63. Ben

July 18, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Amy Belle,,,,,u rlly Broke my heart…….<3<3,,,,,,such a touchy voice…….<3it

64. mark

October 28, 2013 at 2:40 am

Wow she’s amazing! My sister and I saw her performance with Rod Stewart in a bus here in the Philippines. She has a unique,emotional voice.i hope she gets the fame and recognition she deserves.

65. Sandro Luz

November 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Unbelievable story!… Anyway, the phonographic market is not that easy to understand. Maybe someone thought Amy wouldn’t be a profitable venture and affected the others, for her disgrace. She must go on, though. She’s good and young, with a lot to do.

66. Erol Kır

November 19, 2013 at 2:04 am

<3 amy belle I love you <3

67. Marty Australia

January 8, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Amy you are as good as the best EVER: find the right song and believe me the world is yours. No one has the emotion that you put into a song. Amy I so hope you get the accolades you deserve. Marty

68. Anne Pollard

February 3, 2014 at 12:07 am

Never before heard such a beautiful voice. Amy too is . I wish her every success in the world.

69. cesco

March 6, 2014 at 8:12 pm

a beautiful girl with a beautiful voice and no doubt a great future